Due to the Covid-19 outbreak, The Greenhouse Effect will be postponed to 2021. If you’d like to explore how you can work more sustainably, please get in touch!
The power to build a more sustainable Fringe, a more sustainable industry, and a more sustainable future lies with you!
Every year over 100 tonnes of paper waste are created at the Edinburgh Fringe Festival. It’s a pretty shocking statistic, but it’s true. And it paints a grim picture – the Fringe is incredibly wasteful.
The good news is, that really, really doesn’t have to be the case. The power to build a more sustainable festival lies in our hands.
The Greenhouse Effect
The Greenhouse Effect
- noun, the natural process by which heat is trapped in the earth’s atmosphere. Due to humanity’s production of greenhouse gases, the effect has led to runaway heat increase and serious damage to our planet.
- noun, the runaway increase in sustainable practice amongst artists, at the Edinburgh Fringe. It’s building a more sustainable Fringe, a more sustainable arts industry, and a more sustainable future.
We want to help you be the change you want to see at the Fringe, and in the world. We’ve discovered that a lot of companies want to work more sustainably, there are just a few key challenges standing in the way:
- Sustainability at the Fringe seems risky.
- The appropriate skills and knowledge seem hard to come by.
- It looks like a lot of extra work at an already stressful time.
The Greenhouse Effect is here to help you overcome these challenges, giving you the skills, knowledge, and support you need to make sustainable practice at the Fringe low-risk, low-effort, and (most importantly) fun. In this way, we want to help you build a more sustainable practice, a more sustainable Fringe, and a more sustainable future through your work.
Want to get involved?
Great! We’d love to help you build your sustainable practice in an easy and enjoyable way! You can download the information pack below, which outlines how exactly the programme works and, most importantly, what you can expect to get out of it. Benefits include one-one-one sustainability support sessions, access to our exclusive Greenhouse Effect Facebook group, and e-badges to show off your sustainable credentials!
Once you’ve had a read (or if you have any questions), drop Cate an email – she’s organising the programme, and she’d love to help you on your way to a more sustainable Fringe! We’re looking forward to hearing from you!